Thank you for visiting my site! It is my hope that here you will find information, resources, encouragement, and support to empower you on your personal journey to back to wholeness. It is my belief that each of us are already complete as we are, right here right now. There is nothing we need to fix or change, but rather simply remember who we really are.
There is nothing I cherish more than offering a helping hand and guiding light for others on this path, that I too, am also on. Please explore this page with an open heart and mind, and if you feel that I might be someone to help you journey deeper into the world of self-love, please consider attending one of my classes, workshops, or working with me privately.
Blessings and love to all,
Trance Dance and Cacao Ceremony
With Kari Ann Levine and Hamid Jabbar
Saturday, September 22nd, 2018
This workshop was born of Hamid and Kari’s shared love of sound, movement, and ceremonial medicines. Both facilitators have studied various shamanic technologies, combining their knowledge to create this unique, transcendental experience, aimed at safely guiding participants into ecstatic states of consciousness, where deep physical and emotional healing, as well as spiritual awakening, can occur.
Trance dance is a traditional shamanic healing technique, where percussive rhythms combined with breath work, entrancing sounds, and the use of blindfolds take participants on an embodied psycho-spiritual journey into deep states of consciousness through dance. The experience will begin with setting sacred space, where ceremonial cacao will be served. This traditional medicine facilitates greater access to heart-centered intuition, connection to the spiritual realm, and enhances the transformative potential of all forms movement. During the dance, participants are encouraged to move in any way the music and energy of the space guides them, without inhibition. Facilitators will have prepared the room prior to the event, and will guide participants throughout to ensure a safe and fruitful experience.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
September 14th – May 26th, 2018
Evolve your practice and refine your teaching with our unique program. Rooted firmly in tradition, our training will take you through the study of advanced principles, philosophy and practices of yoga and enhance your ability to share these life-changing lessons with your students. The coursework draws on readings, discussions, active demonstrations, practicums and one-on-one mentorships taught on select weekends over the course of 9 months, allowing you ample time to incorporate the teachings into your practice and your life. You will graduate as a certified teacher at the RYT 300 level.
Classes are grouped into 3 modules and take place 2 weekends a month with the exception of a month-long break during December. During weekends when classes meet, the class schedule is Fridays 6 pm to 8:30 pm and Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 4:30 pm.
The training is led by Urban Yoga’s Anusha Moore and features guest teachers Krista Shirley Ashtanga Yoga, Hamid Jabbar, Emily Stooks, Kari Ann Levine, Cheryl Oliver, Stephanie Herf, Lorilee Gillmore, Danny Neumann and Kelly O’Brien.
Kari Ann Levine’s Offerings:
The Bhagavad Gītā: A Practice in Svādhyāya
- Explore the major philosophical themes in the Bhagavad Gītā.
- Examine key archetypal characters and the energies they represent.
- Discuss the relevance of this text in modern yogic practice.
- Develop and understanding of where the Gītā fits into the larger context of yoga history and philosophy.
- Engage with the Gītā as a form of svādhyāya, or spiritual self-study.
Intro to Tantric Philosphy: The other River of Knowledge in India
- Discover major themes in Tantric Philosophy and situate it within the larger Indian philosophical and historical context.
- Discuss key differences between Tantric and Vedic Philosphy.
- Explore Tantra’s influence on modern day yogic practice.
- Experience Tantric sadhana, or spiritual practice, and discover ways to incorporate Tantric ideas and practices into teaching.
Hindu Deities as Energetic Archetypes
- Examine the power of archetypal storytelling from a psychological, philosophical, cultural, and spiritual perspective.
- Explore a selection of Hindu Deities’s mythologies and archetypal characteristics.
- Experience practices to connect with the archetypal energies of various Hindu Deities.
- Discuss how to incorporate the storytelling, myth, and the energetics of these archetypal Deities into teaching.
Remembering the Yoginī: History, Mythology, and Implications for Modern Practitioners
- Discover who the Yoginī is from a historical and mythological perspective and her relative position within the broader context of Yoga History and Philosophy.
- Explore the Yoginī as a multidimensional being as both woman practitioner, semi-divine being, and goddess.
- Discuss the what happened to the Yoginī, and why she has largely been “forgotten” in discussions of Yoga’s History.
- Debate the implications of remembering the Yoginī for modern day yoga practitioners.
- Explore the history, science, and energetics of Yin Yoga.
- Workshop a broad sampling of Yin postures, their modifications, and contraindications.
- Create a solid foundation from which any successful Yin class can be built.
- Explore Yin yoga as a class format that allows teachers to share their unique skills, passions, and interests.
- Explore the history, science, and energetics of Restorative Yoga.
- Workshop a broad sampling of Restorative postures, their modifications, and contraindications.
- Create a solid foundation from which any successful Restorative class can be built.
- Explore Restorative Yoga as a class format that allows teachers to share their unique skills, passions, and interests.
The Energy Body: The Cakra, Kośa, and Nadi
- Discover the energetic qualities of each Cakra and Kośa, and system of Nadis, and how they are related.
- Examine how blockages and imbalances within these systems creates dis-ease.
- Experience a variety of practices to strengthen intuitive awareness of these energy systems.
- Discuss and practice working with these systems in classes and with private clients.
Singing the Soul: Embodying the Spirit
- Discover and experience the yoga of chanting as a powerful tool for spiritual development, self-actualization, and personal healing.
- Examine recent research on the healing power of group singing.
- Learn and practice several Sanskrit chants, as well as discuss their translations and the energies they invoke.
- Discover tools and practices to develop the unique sound of your own singing voice.
- Discuss and practice incorporating chanting into group classes and private sessions.
Light and Sound Session
Monday, October 22nd, 2018
Wellspring Center for Health and Healing
Every Light and Sound session begins with a brief introduction about what sound is, why it is so powerful, and how to listen meditatively. Participants are then guided through a meditative visualization to allow their conscious, thinking-mind to settle into a deeper, more present and embodied sense of being. Kari then takes practitioners on a deeply inward journey, using meditation-inducing instruments such as gongs, singing bowls, harmonium, drum, vocal toning, and sanskrit mantra. During the experience, Kari channels Reiki Energy through her instruments and into the space, where it can be received by the practitioners. At the end of each session, Kari takes care to gently lift practitioners into waking consciousness, concluding with a practice, meditation, or affirmation to help integrate the sound experience. This helps practitioners not only leave feeling restored and revitalized, but with the tools to create this experience in their lives as well.
Registration instructions TBA